10 December 2010

Review: Cross Your Heart by Michele Bardsley


Title: Cross Your Heart
Author: Michele Bardsley
Series: Broken Heart Vampires #7
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: September 7, 2010
Publisher: Berkley Sensation
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Source: Publisher
Blurb:

After the death of
her husband-and her dreams of motherhood-Elizabeth Bretton returned to the
family estate in Broken Heart, Oklahoma. Little did she know she would also give
up her life as the Silverstone heiress.

But escaping the past isn't that easy-especially with a vengeful ghost trying
to kill her, a 150-year-old mystery to solve, and an outrageously hot
were-jaguar named "Tez" trying to get into her boudoir...

I've enjoyed the last six books of the Broken Heart series and Cross Your Heart it's not an exception. The main character, Elizabeth, is a very solitary vampire, but all of it changes when Tez, a really handsome shifter, saves her from an attack from a ghost. From there, things start getting complicated for her, and she has to discover why she is the target.

The thing that I liked from the ghost story line the most is that it resolves a mystery that started in book one, but if this is the first book of the series you read, you'll probably won't find as interesting. There are some surprises in the book, but most of the time I saw them coming.

The relationship between Elizabeth and Tez felt rushed. I would have prefered they developed their relationship more slowly, or that they at least talk more to each other, instead of always being up to something. We don't learn much about Tez, and that's one of the reasons I didn't like the book as much as the others.

We also get some updates on the others citizes of Broken Heart although they don't meddle as much in this novel because the heroine is a bit of a loner.

This was a funny and light read, just as the rest of the books in this series. Personally I didn't find it as good as previous ones, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

Memorable Lines:

"I refuse to discuss my lingerie with you. And I do not appreciate your assumption that you're going to see me in my undergarments. Ever." I paused and tried to gather my wits. And tone down my ... well, lust.

He grinned at me, and my stomach took a peculiar dive.

"I love that mouth of yours, princess. Go on," he dared me. "Talk pretty to me."

Previous Books:

1. I'm The Vampire, That's Why
2. Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire
3. Because Your Vampire Said So
4. Wait Until Your Vampire Gets Home
5. Over my Dead Body
6. Come Hell or High Water

Next Book:
8. Must Love Lycans (September 2011)

Rating:

0 comments: